In early 1881 the Norwood Methodist Church was organized in a little school house located opposite the site of the present Norwood Baptist Church. In February of 1882, Flavius McGinty of Warren County deeded 3,900 square yards of land to several of the trustees to be used as a “divine place of worship for the ministry and membership of the Norwood Methodist Episcopal Church”. The deed is recorded in the office of the clerk of Superior Court of Warren County, Deed Book DD, page 417. While a building was being erected on this lot, Sunday school continued to be held in the school house. The structure was completed and dedicated in 1882. There are still quite a few buildings left in the old town of Norwood, named after the Hon. Thomas Norwood, a member of congress from Savannah in 1888. It had previously been named Gunn’s Mill after a grist mill built by Mr. Radford Gunn just prior to the Civil War.